Sunday, January 10, 2010

Espanol!

One would think that if you were travelling to a foreign country it would be important to learn the language of that country instead of a completely unrelated language. On the miskito coast of Nicaragua, the majority of the inhabitants speak miskito. Miskito is not Spanish, which begs the question; why am I sitting in an intensive medical Spanish class right now. This would make perfect sense if they spoke Spanish on the Miskito coast, however it seems that they don't. But that’s ok I’m not here for it to make sense I'm here for the experience. If there's anything I've learned through the years here at IRR is that asking questions about things that don't make sense only makes things more complicated. Its down to three days before we shove off for Nicaragua and we have only one day of Spanish left, so I guess being stressed is not worth the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment